Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Update from 5.6.27 to 6.x

• Tiller
  • Tiller's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 1 week ago #244528 by Tiller
Update from 5.6.27 to 6.x was created by Tiller
Currently, I'm using LS 5.6.27 and paid ComfortUpdate, but it says that my LS installation is up to date. How can I update to LS 6.x?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 months 6 days ago #244574 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Update from 5.6.27 to 6.x
As LS5 and LS6 are different branches and both are supported, it is correct that your installation is "up to date".

However, if you go into "Comfort Update" on your installation you should see the option to update to LS6.

However, I just looked at my own LS 5.6.27 and it did not offer me to upgrade to LS6. But I remember that I got offered the upgrade to LS6 by ComfortUpdate before my last update.

However, today your LS 5.6.27 is actually NOT up to date anymore. I got the option to upgrade to LS 5.6.28. But even after the update to 5.6.28 there was no option to upgrade to LS6.

I think you can create a bug report, or as you are a paying customer of Comfort Update you can open a support ticket (don't let first level support tell you that you can't get support for Community Edition, if you are a paying customer of Comfort Update. They sometimes tend to do this).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• holch
More
10 months 4 days ago #244700 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Update from 5.6.27 to 6.x
Got some feedback and seems like there is currently no way to upgrade from LS5 to LS6 via Comfort Update (only updates from LS6.x to LS6.x).

I got no feedback if there are plans to make an upgrade path from LS5 to LS6 via Comfort Update at any point in time. Currently you will need to upgrade manually.

So if you have further questions about Comfort Update, I recommend to open a support ticket, as you are a paying customer of Comfort Update. CU is provided by Limesurvey GmbH and only they can really do something about this.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiller

• Tiller
  • Tiller's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 months 2 weeks ago #244980 by Tiller
Replied by Tiller on topic Update from 5.6.27 to 6.x
So sad, thank you.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose